1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tell me there isn't highs and lows

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TropicalBreeze, Aug 4, 2004.

1. TropicalBreeze

TropicalBreeze LawnSite Member

in this business. Geez!
    I've been doing this for just over a month and have ridden the roller coaster.
    Just when I"ve considered calling a freind to go on suicide watch I get a call and pick up a contract only to be followed by another dry period of a few days.
    Someone tell me I'm not alone.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

This is my third season solo. Each of the 3 seasons I have had one "Major Spring Meltdown" where I reach the point where I can't deal any longer with the rain, the inch-a-day growth, working 7 days a week, etc.

So you are not alone my friend.
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the "GREEN INDUSTRY" :D :( :eek: ;) :mad: :angry: :( :eek: :p where you will go through just about every emotion known to man.....................
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

You will go through this in any type of job, but you are feeling all the stress now because you are the BOSS!

It is a good title to have, you just have to prepare yourself for all that comes with it. No, it's not easy sometimes, but very worth the effort if you plan ahead, and do it right.

Take it easy, and when the hard times hit, remember the good times are right around the corner.

A good owner plans for the worst times, and makes them the best times. Try to plan ahead to get work when you know it will be slow, and advertise prior to those to get certain types of work. Have to always be thinking, no matter what you are doing, or where you are going.

Good luck, and hang in there!
  5. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but when then 1 st season is through, I'm heading south for the winter to were the sun is shining, the water is blue, and the margaritas flow like rivers. Point being, take it day by day, and look forward to the off time, that is if you can.....:cool:
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi TropicalBreeze,

Every industry is tough. Remember if it were easy, everyone would do it. You can succeed, just learn from experiences and grow.