Tell Me what You think about My Work?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Petey's Landscaping, Nov 7, 2008.

1. btammo

btammo LawnSite Member

Looks good. The only problem you may possibly have down the road is settling where the wall branches off of the sitting wall. It is very hard to get proper compaction of base materials when you branch walls off and meet again as you did. There is nothing you can do differently, it is just how it happens that i have seen.

2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Did you mean 80mm?

We use the MB 14X14 to cap our country
    manor walls.

Random is the way to go, that's why it is
    a modular system.

Looks good.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

come to think of it, i believe at one point they discontinued the large square. They said that because of their size, they were getting broken in the tumbler. is that still the case, or did they find a way to tumble them?

4. Petey's Landscaping

Petey's Landscaping LawnSite Member

Down here they are going to stop making a 40mm anything tumbled, they are breaking to many in the process. And as far as wall settling, I told the home owner that it might be an issue down the road.

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Mega Bergerac is 80mm, they are now less tumbled than they once were, I know that compacting them is not a problem so I can't imagine why tumbling them would be.

6. Petey's Landscaping

Petey's Landscaping LawnSite Member

It wasn't the mega just the bergerac in a 60mm, and we use sheets of plywood to lay over the pavers when we compact, so that none of them break. And by the way all of these materials come from different plants in the US, mine come from Big Rock in kingston TN.