Tell me what you think guys.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Just went and picked up my new machine today and am considering a mulch kit. This is going to be my residential/small commercial account machine. I've added expanded metal sides and a wood floor to my 5'x8' trailer. Tomorrow im adding a blower rack and trimmer rack, cooler holder to it as well. This way ill have 2 mowing rigs. I'll send the 16' trailer and field mower with a hired hand to go do larger accounts while I take the 5'x8' and Tiger Cub to go knock out the smaller ones, maybe even expand into another nearby town.

me and my scag.jpg

my scag mower.jpg

my machine.jpg

2. Mowinforaliving

Here's one from behind.

3. Mowinforaliving

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

You will like the Scag they are great mowers.:usflag:
  5. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Congrats on the purchase. Nice looking machine. We run all scags and love them. We use mulching blades on our Turf Tiger, but with the blade speed of the scags any blades will cut up the grass. I think you will be really happy with your purchase. We demoed a Dixie Chopper and a Ferris this winter and we liked our Scags a lot better (not that everyone else agrees) but that was our oppinion.
  6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

smile..... it's not that bad
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

The Scags with the Hurricane mulch kit installed does a very good job. If you like to mulch alot I would recomend this. If you side discharge most of the time and just mulch a little I would recomend just the discharge cover. I will tell you there is alot of differance between the mulch kit and just the discharge cover.
  8. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I agree you made a great choice " Simply The Best "
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice and clean mower! My friend has that same arc welder
  10. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

nice mower. thinking about what you said- 2 trucks on the road = 2x gas $ and hired hands work much better when you are with them. i would do the big stuff as a team and only split if needed. when you do the small yards he can trim. jmo. but you know your business better then me.