1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you think (Referral Card)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jan 13, 2010.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

heres what im sending out let me know what you think.
    also attached referral cards

Since we started business in 2000, Coleman’s Lawns & Landscapes has strived to provide our customers with the best service in the landscaping industry. Our new Rewards Program continues and enhances that tradition by giving our customers points, discounts and privileges.

Rewards Points
    Here’s how to earn Rewards Points.

- Earn one point for every dollar you spend with Coleman‘s Lawns & Landscapes. For every 200 points you earn, you will receive a $5 reward certificate to redeem on your next service. There is no limit! The more you spend, the more you earn!

- Tell anyone! Friends, family, co-workers or neighbors, who are in need of the services we provide. With each referral that you provide that results in the purchase of a service valued over $100.00, you will earn 1000 Rewards Points a $25.00 reward value!

- Pre-Pay for your season of weekly maintenance services and earn 2000 Reward Points a $50.00 reward value!

Thank you again for choosing and supporting Coleman’s Lawns & Landscapes. We’re excited to provide these “Rewards” to you, your friends and family.

Attached Files:

2. nboeger4

nboeger4 LawnSite Member

i like the general idea...

but heres the problem i can see. i dont know how big your company is but it seems like this could get confusing quick trying to keep everyones points up to date.

maybe if there was a way to set quikbooks up to rewards points so when you put together an invoice it automatically gives them there points? i doubt it but it sounds like a good idea. maybe i should contact quikbooks. lol
  3. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

my thoughts were to issue a reward certificate every 200 point or everytime they had a sucsessfull referral so i wasnt dealing with people saving up 1000s of points they get their certificate that has an experation date of the end of year
  4. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with a discount for prepayment and a gift certificate for referals. To me the points system sounds like Im in 1st grade getting gold stars. JMO
  5. nboeger4

nboeger4 LawnSite Member

well even to keep track of them up to 200 points. but like i said i dont know what kind of customers you are dealing with. your average weekly client per service could be $75 when mine down here is a $35 average for residential. so it would take my customers more then a 1 month billing period to reach the 200 points.

but like i said i like the idea of a rewards system. im by no means doging your idea.
  6. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

thanks for the input guys keep it coming
  7. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Don't discount your service, go to the nearest family restaurant, hardware store, kids entertainment place, bowling alley, liquor store, oil change place, etc. Negotiate gift certificates at a discount and reward your customers with those. That way everyone always pays full price. I've got a local mechanic who does oil changes. I've traded out much work just to get the truck serviced. He will about give an oil change away to get customers in for mechanical and tires. The monthly point thing would be a PITA for me to keep up with.
  8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Like others have said, it does seem like it would be a little hard to keep track of how many points that customers' have. I would stick with a just giving "rewards" for people who give you referrals.
  9. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds pretty good to me. smart thinking.
  10. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

I may have found a free program to track the point ill let you guys know! Keep up the input thanks guys