tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coryc_23, Feb 26, 2008.

1. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

I bid a contract and get under bid by 20,000.00 with fuel prices the way they are i think he's nuts theres no way he can do it for that and the place has 52 acres and if thats not alot for you get this he lock his bid in for three years at that let me know what you guys think about that?:waving:

2. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

What was total cost of bid?

3. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

His cost was 21,000.00 per year and he locked that price in for three years they ask me a few question and i told them to give it to him for that price because i can not do it for that.

4. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

How many times does it need mowing?

5. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

once a week in most areas but up around the main building twice a week because it is watered.

6. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

Sorry I meant for the season

7. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

32 times a year but the part that is water gets mowed twice a week and we have to double cut it because it is fertilized .

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you'll get a phone call sometime saying, "um the other guy went out of business, are you still interested?" lol

9. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Forget about mowing that one section twice per week. Even if all 52acres was mowed once per week for 32 weeks, it amounts to about $12 per acre. No way! I don't know though, if the other LCO is an idiot, which he seems to be, he probably don't understand his costs. He will look at that $21,000 each year and think he is making money. :laugh:

Even if there was no string trimming, edging, shrub pruning, or blowing that is way too cheap. Add in those extra details and this guy is servicing this property for fun, or as a charity case....

10. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did all the other bids come in at, around the same as yours?