1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by willretire@40, Mar 17, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I have always gotten a good response on simple flyers. What do you think about it.

Attached Files:

2. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

Not bad but check spelling before you print more up.
  3. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

looks good to me
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

8,000 sq ft lawns for $30? Be careful there. Unless you now the lawns and area very well, you might get burned with that statement. I have a lawn, front and back, about 4,000 sq ft and it takes me almost 45 minutes. Back has so many dang obstacles it drives me nuts. Point being, using square footage to price mowing can be very deceiving.
  5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Nice simple flyer. Spell check as stated above, I would separate your services from the "affordable price speak to a person etc. Area code before first phone number if needed, change there to their at the bottom in the black. You will get a higher close rate with firm pricing on your flyer like you have and just remember, you don't have to take the job if you don't want it!
  6. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Not sure that i like your catch phrase "Don't mow your grass in the heat." I would try to put a personal touch on a phrase to grab your customers attention. just my two cents :waving:
  7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't feel this is a simple flier. There is a lot to read there. I would use a different picture for starters. I would find clip art with a commercial mower.
    Why not pay high prices for lawn service? If the work is top notch the landscaper should get paid his price. $30. for 8000sq ft is high in this area. We try to get $60-80 for an acre.....
    I would remove that so you can come out and bid. Whats to say there not paying less? You don't want to kick your self in the rear.
    I wouldn't do 50% off a lawn mowing when some ones uses you for two mowings. I would probly give a free mowing if the referral signs up for a year contract. I don't think people need lawn service asap unless they where going to have a party and hubby was away... I would reword that too.
    Look down a few posts to see my simple flier to see if it gives you any ideas.