Tell me what your thinking...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grandview (2006), Jul 31, 2007.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Take a look at these pictures and tell me what you think of the landscaping,and then I tell you a quick story about it.

post office pix 7-31-07 003 (Small).jpg

post office pix 7-31-07 004 (Small).jpg

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

It could use a defined edge and some fresh mulch. This would spice it up a little for starters.

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe some interlock edging, some fresh mulch, maybe some new shrubs.

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Please tell your story. What street corner is that?

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

With that USPS sign in the lawn I certainly know where this is going... At least I think I do. I do some work for a local Post Office. The manager isn't cheap, but corporate is!

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

OK. Here's the deal.This is the local Post Office I deal with,snowplowing and lawn cutting. For the last 6 years I would trim up the shrubs,weed and new mulch. This year they told the postmaster that my price was not within the main post office price range($250 is what I charged) So now in the pictures you see the work is done. You may ask what the hell? Who did that ? Well the cleaning lady is now responsible for that work. She brought a pair of clippers to trim the shrubs,no mulch or anything else. :hammerhead:

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Haha, told ya. I knew exactly where it was going. Same thing happens at the Post Office I do. It looks like crap all the time because their budget sucks. The manager really wants the place to look good, but the powers that be won't give her any money in the budget to do much more than keep the grass from getting out of control. I feel really bad for her. She really wants it to look better, but she can't do a darn thing about it.

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, same problem I have with the post office I do. The manager wants the place spotless, but the bean counters say they dont have enough $$$$. All I do now is just cut grass and pick up trash from the lot. The prop. manager is paying me out of his pocket to go on a separate day when I am not cutting it and pick up trash, since there is a bar across the street and they trash the place pretty heavily over the weekend. It does suck, but what are you gonna do??

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

sweet, she does a good job