Tell me which 2-cycle oil is the best

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Dec 19, 2007.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Which 2-cycle oil do you feel is the best and why? Or better yet, tell me why you are not using Amsoil????:usflag:

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

OH yea, you're products are really affordable.... :rolleyes:

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I will truthfully answer the second part, I have been using multi-purpose 2 cycle oil for 5+ years and have never had and problems engine wise. I don't recommend it, but like I said I'm not having any problems. I use Stihl products but have a Redmax 7001 blower also. They run as good as the day I bought them. I do use a stabilizer in the fuel over the winter. I have nothing for or against any particular oil. There are so many opinions out there about which is best that I just take it with a grain of salt and don't worry about it. Like I said I'm not recommending this, I'm just stating that this is what I have been doing.

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Great response!

-MW

5. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

stilh ultra no problems and the extra money is worth it i paid toooo much 4 the 4 mix power heads

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 2-Cycle Oil. ... Best Bang For The Buck !

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My choice is Opti2. Why? Many years of service with no related breakdowns with 50:1 ratio, smooth, and no smokin'. :usflag:

8. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Echo 2 cycle power blend

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Echo power blend.

10. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

Amsoil products can be purchased in several ways. The price you see on their website is retail. No dealer can sell below that cost.... unless you pay a small fee (as low as $10) for a Pref. Customer subscription, then you buy directly from Amsoil (under a dealer) at a dealer cost. They ship directly to your door from on of their warehouses. The next way, maybe the best for most of you, to buy as a Commercial Account. As a commercial account a dealer signs you up with no fee and you buy at or sometimes below dealer cost. Please do your research before making sarcastic statements like this!
    We run Amsoil in all of our engines, 2 cycle, mowers, tractors and trucks. It is very affordable when you get into the right buying category. It looks like Amsoil power is a dealer. Ask him, he can show you the pricing differences just can't post them on the net as I understand it.