Tell us about your new truck!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fawcett, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Fawcett

Fawcett LawnSite Member

Have you bought a new truck with in the past 2 years?

If so tell us about it!

What do you like? What do you dislike? What would you have changed if you had to go through the process again?

Also if you can, post some pics!

Thank you,

Fast Freddie

2. Fawcett

Fawcett LawnSite Member

PS: The reason I ask is because I am looking to buy a new 3/4 to 1 ton truck and I am having the hardest time deciding between a Ford & Chevy. In either case, I am looking for a Reg Cab/8ft bed with 4x4.

I will use the truck to haul my landscaping equipment during the spring/summer/fall and plow with it in the winter. Please help me make a decision!

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Gas or diesel
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Fawcett

Fawcett LawnSite Member

Oh sorry, I'm going gas!

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a certified used 2007 Chevy 2500HD a little over a year ago. I love it, its comfortable to ride in on trips and tows nicely too (has the 6.0 vortec in it). I got a well equipt LT model, only doesn't have heated seats, leather and a
    sun roof. The best advise I can give you is just to test drive several trucks and see what you like best. Its all opinion reallh, I'm just a chevy guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. I_am_a_beginner

I_am_a_beginner LawnSite Member

If you want a better resale value go Ford over Chevy. Chevy is one on the worst brand from recent search. A lot of problems, bad resale value, rust problems. I prefer Chevy's look but Ford is a wiser choice.

Four GM-made vehicles--the Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, Chevrolet Colorado, and Chevrolet Aveo/Aveo5--are ranked as among the worst on the market today.

The only American car company with zero vehicles on the list? Ford.

http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/13/mercedes-gm-chrysler-nissan-business-autos-worst-cars.html

http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/13/mercedes-gm-chrysler-nissan-business-autos-worst-cars_slide.html

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

2011 GMC 2500HD Reg Cab Long Bed 4x4 6.0 Vortec SLE. Mine has snowplow prep and the trailering suspension so it is set up as heavy as you can get a 2500. Mine tows and hauls great. It pulls my loaded 10k dump trailer without any problems. I barely notice that its there when empty or when I tow my mowing trailer (3K). I have had a pallet of ice melt (approx 2k) in the bed and the truck barely sagged.

The ride is actually better than I expected. I thought it would be stiffer. Its quite comfortable with the SLE package. I have taken a few long trips in it and was more comfortable than in my old F150.

I got mine in July and have about 7500 miles on it now. Im very happy with it.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have an 05 2500HD LS 4x4 reg cab long bed 6.0L snow plow prep package towing package. ive got 71,000 miles on it and love it so far. very comfy and will haul tow or push just about anything

9. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a 2006 f250 4x4 diesel and it was nice and pretty, now after 2 years of work it has turned into a dirty work truck again. If i could go back i would buy a low mileage mid 90's f250 with a gas engine and spend the extra $10,000 on something else.

10. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 2010 Ford f.250 with the 6.8 v10 engine in it last summer. I can say the only thing I dislike would be gas mileage but its a truck, not much you can do. I would suggest the v10 over the v8 any day. A guy I know has the same truck with the v8 and we get the same mpg. He gets 9.6, I get 9.1. I just reached 13,000 miles so its still pretty new, but I can say I haven't heard anything bad about the v10. I got hooked up with a pretty good sales man. I did buy the truck at the dealers end of the year sales event. Which if your dealers do that I would wait. The selection isn't the greatest, but the money off is great. I wouldn't have a problem doing it all over again.