TELLING A CUSTOMER YOU HAVE HAD IT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OLD CHAPP, Sep 16, 2000.

1. OLD CHAPP

OLD CHAPP Guest

EVER TELL A CUSTOMER THAT THEY ARE FIRED BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT TAKE THEM ANY MORE.

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

i like to go up on my price ......they either drop me or i will put up with there mess for a while longer ...money talks

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If I can't "handle" them anymore, I'll send them a nice letter saying that I can no longer provide lawn services for them anymore. If they are constantly late payers, I'll raise their price the next year.

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i had one one old lady complain every week since the very first week i came out to cut her gras. her grass was very thin and would just get swirled around when the dixie came over it....she wanted me to use a 21" mower on her lawn. i finally told her "your grass blows and im never cutting your pile of crap shack ever agian"....i know it sounds very unprofessional but i just couldnt take it anylonger. She was one of those old ladys that is about 80 has no teath yet she still wears lipstick but it looks like she had just been chewing on the tube of lipstick for an hour. just thinking about it makes me want to go spill some non-selective herbicide all over her lawn.

5. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

IHAD OLDER CUSTOMER WITH BIG HILLS AND TOLD HIM TO FIND A ANOTHER LANDSCAPER I DO NOT HAVE HRDYO SO I WOULD ALWAYTS HAVE TO BE PULLED OUT OF THE BUSHES AT LEST 2-3 PER CUTTING WEEK IT SUCKED SO BAD

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Had an old lady Bit@# and complain from go and had to tell her to shove her lawn up her arse and told my next customer and she said good for you. What gave me the hebe jebe's was she kept sayin your cute and how old are you and if i had girlfriend. She was atleast 70 or so and didn't tell her that i was an eligible bachelor. can you just imagine us dating. uhhhhhhhhhh man.

I have to go now, I feel very sick (LOL)

Best Wishes

PS that's her eyes when I told her off.

7. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Had a customer refuse to clean-up after there dog so after repeated requests I dropped him. I also lost his son, not a big deal because he got a dog and wasn't very good about cleaning up after rover.

8. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

YES- I am an expert at dumping accounts. I know it is not good word of mouth advertising but I can't handle some of the people I have worked for in the last 15 years. To date I probably have dumped at least five per season- wow that's 75!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually do it in a sarcastic letter.
    Two years ago I tried to dump a too picky account and they showed up on my doorstep the wife was practicaly in tears and hubby couldn't even look at me . They begged me to stay on which I did for one more year . That year I exclusively mulched . They thought I was doing a great job until I told them that I wasn't bagging. They dumped me right away.

The moral: I don't know you tell me.

9. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

They have been saying this in many magazines and I agree in this economy when it is easier to get customers than normal. Now is the time to get rid of the bad and look for new. If a customer is always bothering you get rid of them. Over industries get rid of or weed out bad customers!