Telling another LCO that they lost an account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Apr 30, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I had to tell another LCO that i have the account this season. Last season i had an account and lost it to a LCO that offered to cut it cheaper. He also did a landscape job for the homeowner. Well the LCO did a horrible job.( I have posted pics before) I have the job now and showed up to mow the lawn. There is the other LCO. He has made 2 passes. I called the homeowner and told him. He said tell them to get lost. I did and he talked to the homeowner then peeled out on the lawn loaded up and left. OH WELL sorry.

2. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Why is it your responsibilty to tell the other lco to leave?

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Did you double the price as a punishment for cancelling for a better price?

4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I was wondering.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Real nice customer, makes you do his dirty work! I would have let the other guy mow and billed the customer anyway. It was HIS responsabilty to get rid of the other LCO

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry for not telling the whole story. Home owner rehired me and the other LCO was told that i was doing the spring clean-up and lawn this year. LCO i think thaught that i was doing the clean-up and he was doing the cutting. And Homeowner lives outof town. 98% of my clients are out of towners. I live in a resort area. These people have 500,000 dollar weekend "cottages" and homes.Homeowner wasnt home so thats why i called him and had to tell the LCO

7. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

kinda a good thing it wasnt Bobby huh? LOL

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Hummm Think i'm gonna keep my noise out of this one NEXT !!