Telling them THANKS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR Fect, Oct 1, 2004.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

We send Christmas cards out every year to all of our customers. All of them, and just the card, no business, just joy for the season and happy new year. But we got these two accounts that are reeealy good clients. How do you tell them thanks? Fruit basket? Stakes? What do you guy's do, when, and why?

Turf Medic likes this.
  2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe you could give them a Ham or Turkey. These make great holiday meals.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It has been said on here before, and it will be said again and again. Gift certificates to a nice restaaurant are always a MEMORABLE and very well appreciated gesture. For two people (or a family) to be able to go out and enjoy a pleasurable social event like a nice dinner speaks volumes of the person(s) behind it who made it happen. Choose a nice restaurant and go for it. Make sure it's a place with atmosphere,...not an Ihop or something.

mbricker likes this.
  4. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

Ham might not be a good idea. If I was to receive a ham from someone it would go right to the dog, B/C I don't touch that nasty thang. So it might be a wast of your money to send a ham. Go for the turkey if you are going to send something like that to someone.

TClawn likes this.
  5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to agree, certain foods may not appeal to your customers taste. A gift certificate to a decent restaurant let's them choose what they like.

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, what happens if there vegetarians and you send them a ham or a turkey? they will view it as being offensive
    and probably set you back in there opinion than if you did not give anything at all.

I like the gift certificate to the restaurant idea.

7. PR Fect

Certificates sound good. These are a set of condominiums that we do. Do you get it for just the manager and wife (which hired you) or do you have to get for the whole governing board? In other words - not to offend anyone. Board is approximately 5-6 people. And what about their spouses?
    :confused:

8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Like Runner says, that seems to be the way to go. I plan on doing the resturant gift certificates for a couple customers. It never fails, everytime I/we have received one, we always end up talking about the person or business that gave them to us.

I have a townhome complex that we'll be getting one for, I plan on just giving it to the on-site mgr. & his wife. The main office will be getting a card and a large tin of cookies or something like that. I don't think they'll be offended, besides they'll probably never know that the mgr. got a certificate. And if they do know or find out, well, it was the mgr. that hired us.

Buck

9. PR Fect

Buck, I think we will take yours and Runners advice. A certificate for the manager and a big fruit basket for their office help. Do we wait till the end of the season? Or should wait till the start of next? Or just do it now?

10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

That's a good question...I'm was wondering if it would be best to do it after the season winds down, or now. I leaning towards waiting till the season is done and hand deliver the gift certificates.

Buck