1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Temp is currently "100" degrees today in NW FL, how bout else where in the State?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by FLAhaulboy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Guess how hot it is in the shade? High ninety's the rest of the week, I guess its gonna be another long tough hot summer in Florida, but I hope we get another Cat5 hurricane like Ivan :drinkup:, yeah I luv hurricanes!

[​IMG]

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Im not far from you and it was 99 here today and miserable! We are having July temps a little early this year and my ol 51 year old body aint liking it at all.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Every year it seems to get hotter earlier and earlier. It's been hot for quite a few days this spring, but the humidity today was miserable. It was a four-shirt day.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

90 up here in CT

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Finally got some much needed rain here today, but back in the high 90's for the rest of the week from what I caught on the news.

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

96 in Gainesville,Ga

7. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

I guess its been a bit better over here near JAX.. only hovering in the low 90s... upper 80s.

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

96 in East TN and no rain in sight.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

About 4 PM today the rain rolled in across the Gulf from the North West. While I am hoping this is the start of the rainy season, it might not be. 2nd week of June until the 3rd week in Sept is our traditional rainy season and 4 PM is the normal rain time. However any time I quote numbers or dates, Mother Nature makes a lair out of me.

Ft Myers Florida will have the Highest temp in the nation many summer days. But Indiana or Ohio will be very close if not hotter.

10. 88 here today and we DESPERATELY need rain. Not just one day either, like 3 heavy, long downpours.....

I really love the Fl winters, but the summers just plain suck. There is nothing good about them....that is why I will be moving to So. Cal in the next few years:weightlifter::clapping::walking::cool2::waving: