temp labor

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by new leaf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. new leaf

new leaf LawnSite Member
    from 03077

Has anybody used the (LABOR READY) as a means to help with the labor issues we all face.

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

The problem is not finding labor, the problem is finding good labor. Since your company is only as good as your workers.:weightlifter:

3. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

few words for you, labor ready sucks!

had a guy for 3 days and he ruined a lawn we were working on, actually hurt us pretty bad for a year! customers found out quickly about it. labor ready then sent us a bill for around 600$ or so and i still never paid it nor will i ever pay it. i know its not there fault, but they ruined our company for about a year.... word spreads quickly!

i wouldnt recommend labor ready to anyone, especially landscaping. i couldnt imagine what these guys would do if you would ask them to push a broom.
    :confused:

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's tricky...sometimes you find someone good...more often than not you don't :laugh: If you just need someone to push a wheelbarrow all day it's not a bad option, but if you are expecting a 'seasoned vet' to show up that can do detailed work...well don't expect that.

One nice aspect is you don't have to mess with payroll and WC with them. And you could try out a new guy each day until you find a good one to hire full time.