1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

temp range of three way

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmar62, Mar 6, 2013.

1. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

Temp will be 57 to 30deg tomorrow and I wanted to spray three way. Will it be to cold to spray. What world be the coldest temp that would be ok to spray post-m

2. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

itll be fine. use a surfectant

3. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

Ok, thanks when should I see results with these tempertures. Will a little dishwashing liquid work.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Surfactant should be just as helpful, no difference whether it is cold or hot, but more helpful if the weeds are hard to wet. Four ounces dish detergent per 100 gallons worked for me. What kind of weed? Pre-em or post?

Remember most weed killers work slowly if the weed is growing slowly. Annuals? Winter annuals? Perennials?
    What kind of herbicide? What kind of grass?

Good question...this needs a test...would someone please compare weed control success at a cold temp side by side with weed control success at a higher temp on the same site and weed species? I am thinking dandelions, ground ivy, veronica, chickweed, henbit and violets are the main weeds suitable for such a test--as they would probably have to be frost hardy.

Does anybody know? Is Quicksilver effective at low temps? Octane?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  5. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

it was bermuda and post em. i sprayed it today. it was a cold morning and it warmed up nicely today. mostly clover henbit. only a little poa.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. georgialawn88

not gonna get rid of poa

7. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

i I know just listing the weeds. its not bad in this yard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Correct on not controlling Poa. Multiple aps of Tenacity has good results for controlling Poa.

9. georgialawn88

and simazine

10. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Here we do round 1 on dormant turf and its usually cold. Sprayed speedzone for broadleafs about 18-19 days ago. A few days after the app we got a bunch of rain. It has been cool with nights in the 20s-30s and days in 50s. It's warm now and we are getting a few 60+ degree days.

I got a few calls today about weeds not dying. First in a while. Seems like I should be seeing kill? I'm going to look at them tmrw .... If not raining.