1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tempature range for Confront

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by khutch, Mar 1, 2011.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Label doesn't really specify - What's the lowest high-low range for Confront to be effective? Target weed is Wild Violets.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know of a temp range for Confront--not legal for home lawns, unless you have 6 year old jug with label. I suspect it would be absorbed and then work slow depending on the speed of growth of the violets. Persistent in clippings and soil--do not compost or use on a garden.
    Quinclorac is a better bet. Add sticker. Follow up with triclopyr.
  3. tombo82685

tombo82685 LawnSite Senior Member

I would assume as long as the wild violet is growing you can spray it. But i would imagine it would be like a 60-85 temp range
  4. Health Turf Management

Health Turf Management LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh

I've had great success with Confront & violets in weather 50-85 degrees, even warmer if you use the lower rates...Confront is a great product although we mostly use speedzone
  5. mowerguy6789

mowerguy6789 LawnSite Member

is there a possibility of the translocation of confront when temperature gets above 90?
  6. RigglePLC

Translocation? Do you mean volitilization? Or do you mean root absorption? I think I saw Confront injury (when it was legal) years ago, on a redbud tree (which is sensitive).
    However--it is really hard to tell if it was from volitization or root uptake.
    If it is root uptake, high temperatures should not be a factor.
  7. mowerguy6789

mowerguy6789 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if it was volatile.
  8. RigglePLC

Not sure, but I am thinking...not volatile. Both active ingredients are present as the salt of their molecule (not ester). Salts dissovle in water and tend to remain in the water. Also there is very little odor--an indication that the product does not evaporate.

Vapor pressure and evaporation are listed as not applicable, or no data available.
  9. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I applied some today 102F on my own lawn...Lets see what happens....I bet the weeds dies and will all be fine after about 1" of water...

Ps, I do not care on the label...been using it LONG before the label change.