Tempo for grubs

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stressed, Jul 21, 2008.

1. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

Anyone here uses tempo for grub control and is it effective and what is the mixture rate per acre or 1000

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I do not believe Tempo is labeled for grubs. That type of chemistry is more for flies and mosquitoes.

3. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Tempo will not work on grubs. It is also not labeled for grubs. Dylox or Mach 2 are about your only options right now if your finding active grubs.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

works good on ticks

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If you are old school, the closest thing to the good stuff like diazinon AG500 or Turcam is Sevin SL applied at 6 oz/M in as much water as you can stand and irrigate in after. Remember that you are not spraying or spreading chlordane. Sevin breaks down if exposed to sunlight. It has to be watered in, preferably right after spraying while it is still wet on the grass.

6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Your suppliers generally will give you a label or they can be down loaded. Also try going to winter trade show or summer field days to keep up with the latest technology. I got in rut for several years and stopped going. This business just keeps changing.

7. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Tempo for grubs..lol

I was waiting for the punchline.

8. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

you must be frank fescues brother;)

9. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

you must be frank fescues twin brother;)

10. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

Are you sure you're not looking for Dan D. Lion??