tempo sc ultra

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fastcat, Jul 23, 2009.

1. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

well i picked up some Tempo sc ultra today from jdl. i was reading the label to try and find out what to mix per gallon and it says for pest on ornamentals 45-160 ml per 100 gallon. thats a big gap. i will be spraying for bagworms and white flies tomorrow and need to know how many ml per gallon of water should i use.

2. fastcat

Anybody............
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. fastcat

i think that i am going to mix it at 1.6 ml per gallon.

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Correct. You need a pharmaceutical syringe from the drug store. Parents of young children usually have a few. Keep the thing in a Ziploc bag marked "DANGER".

5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

No he wont need that, the bottle is marked on the dispensor side for .8ml.
    .8ml in a gallon of water knocks out everything ticks, ants, I slamed it into a nest of bald faced hornets last year and they dropped like a rock.

No phytotoxicity issues at .8ml under 85 deg

6. humble1

from MA

the 160 ml is the whole bottle at less than $40 a bottle your at .40 per gallon cost so its cheap.

I also like suspend sc and cy kick.

7. fastcat

you mix at .8 ml per gallon i was going to mix it at 1.6 ml per gallon for bagworms and white flies should i back it off a little instead of doing 1.6 ml per gall.

also i was thinking about spraying inside the house and the perimater outside the house what is the best rate per gallon for this application. i have 2 dogs and a 5.5 month old daughter. this will be at my house only because i am not licensed for structural apps. while i am at it i might as well spray my yard and around the dog lot. i wish i could just soak the dogs in it.

8. fastcat

the bottle is 240ml

9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Fastcat,
    Remember the relative humidity factors and the outside temperature.
    Humble is in MA. and he is in just a little different climatic zone than you are in NC.
    Phytotoxicity would be my most worries. Applying early in the morning or later in the onset of evening will be helpful.
    Does the label state the lower rate of 0.8ML being adequate for minimal knockdown or what?? I am curious---my labels for Bifen are different. Mine are in ML or Oz.---.5 oz. per gallon will do my tricks! I am so careful of the temperature inversions and humidity--don't want to replace shrubbery. After you treat the shrubbery, return in a couple of days and check the rate of kill. The bag worms should have had the time to come out and feed when it is cooler.
    To get those white flies, make sure you thoroughly cover the upper and the lower surface of the leaves. Spray the stems--branches and trunk of the plants. They are easily disturbed and scared off, but will return to feed on the plants and walk through the residues. If the plants are in poor posture, seek fertilizing them to regain their vigor, with something like 12/6/6 with 2% iron.

10. humble1

from MA

What are you spraying for inside?
    Smell is a little strong when I spray it outside the foundation, not sure how long it lasts Im long gone by the time it dries.

If inside you are looking to get spiders, I would dust with delta dust, Ants- baits would work, I like gourmet ant gel, and dupont advion ant gel for inside. Not sure if you can get termidor in your state but it kills ants the best. One ant contacts it and will spread it to 50 other ants to kill them, its like the ebola virus for ants:)