1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

temporary bolt on trailer hitch for GT

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rbig, Jan 24, 2005.

1. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

Looking for a quick and easy rig to give me a ball trailer hitch on the back of my JD 400 for trailer spotting on the ramp when I'm not towing a cart with it.

I can probably make some kind of adapter fairly easy, but if there's some reasonably affordable ready made thingee out there I'd like to take a look at it.
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a lawn tractor?

If so, there are adaptors made for ATV's that might do what you are looking for, I'm not sure. Check out Cabela's, they may have them. Sportsman's Guide may have them as well, I don't know. Pretty much any mail-order outdoors company should have something in that department.

If it's a compact tractor (somehow i don't think so), get a quick-attachment adapter for the 3 point. It's a few $$, but it'll save a lot of frustration when changing out implements. Then buy a crossbar for the lower links, and attach a trailer ball to that.

3. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

rbig, check your PM inbox, you have mail.