1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Temps Hit 104 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jun 28, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

After 100 it's just plain ole hot...
    Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

107* here today. My lawn is lush and green because I water the heck out of it everyday. But my customers' lawns....... That's a whole diffrent story!
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

1" for me per week at one watering and lawn is holding out just fine...no signs of heat stress at all.

Gonna be 108 on sat...gotta find something strenuous to do...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

over 100 today. Skipped 5 yards today. Forget about weeklys
  5. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Think it got around 103. Looking at 105 tomorrow and 107 Sat but still mid to high 90s next week though. No rain in sight besides the 20% here and there but we never get that. I am going on 2 weeks not mowing my weeklys. Will end up being 3 weeks when they do get mowed if we get any of this small chance rain. Probably will be skipping almost everyone even biweeklys this weekend and end up probably getting all crammed into one week.

This is probably one of the worse summers I have seen so far. Usually 2 weeks is max for our weekly stuff and usually never skip biweekly. But was the best spring. So I guess it evens out in someway.
  6. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Gatorade was 50 cents for the big liter bottles today when i stopped in at meijer to get gas today! Could NOT believe it! Got like 40 bottles... Sale is over now though.
    Grass is so dry right now that we been just flying through it anyway!
  7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

We've got ticks on our catfish again.
  8. SSmith

SSmith Banned

We only hit 100 here in Cincy. I'm glad I finished the shingles on my covered patio job on Wednesday. I saw a lot of poor bstards up on roofs yesterday, though.
  9. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder why it is so hot?, O now I remember I think it's called SUMMER!
    easy-lift guy
  10. SSmith

SSmith Banned

It's about 15-20 degrees hotter on average than the norm. There is also nowhere near the average rainfall for this team of year.

Quit bein a smarmy know-it-all.