Temps Hit 104 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jun 28, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Been 98+ for the past 2weeks, grass is still growing like crazy due to the extremly high humidity at nite. This usually when the hacks start to quit. $$$$$$
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lildevil_66

lildevil_66 LawnSite Member

It's 101 right now and feels like you're standing in a dryer. Irrigation holding up the lawn pretty well but those without are suffering badly. I sure hate it for you full timers out there not getting their cuts in. That can be hard on the pocketbook for sure. I only have 21 yards but work a full time job at 50+ hours a week. I too have already been skipping cuts due to lack of growth/rain. Last one was finished up by 8:30 this moring after 3rd shift work. It was still hot but had to get it done. I think I will enjoy the air condition and pool over the weekend and pray for a T-Storm. Looks like the heat may hang around awhile being the whole country is experiencing the same temps. Good luck to all you guys/gals out there and be sure to drink plenty of water.

3. SSmith

SSmith Banned

There's a ton of money out here....thank god. It's hard to fail in this biz here unless you're a bum or an idiot.

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine fluctuated between 106 and 110 around 2 pm today. Parked in the shade of an oak tree.
    I took a picture.

5. SSmith

SSmith Banned

You shoulda parked in Big Ben's ego. Very spacious.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Hit 103 today We work from 5am till noon
    We did tree removal 3 big ash trees One good thing it was on the west side of a building So we had shade till 11am

7. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

hit 102 here today
    upper 90s next week...3 of those days being 99

8. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

103 in DC...
    Stupid hot...
    Africa hot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Hahahahaha...I can't stand that tool bag

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL! I said the same thing.

Man it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot...

[​IMG]