1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tenacity Application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gatewayuser, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

When putting Tenacity down you don't have to drench everything right? Does the normal wet the leaves apply? I'm not looking for a whole lot of Pre-Emergence control. Trying to minimize the white lawn look.

2. hunter140

hunter140 LawnSite Member

i hope your not applying it to bent grass or your going to have a whole lot of dead bent grass

3. Dave Stuart

Dave Stuart LawnSite Member

Zoysia and Bermuda are susceptible as well.

Cool season turf - bluegrass, TTTF, ryegrass tolerate rates a little above 5 oz/ per acre. Fine fescue can be affected if it takes up more than 15% of the stand.

4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

It needs to be put down with a lot of water. Dont remember the exact amount but it says on the label. If you minimize the white lawn you will minimize the results. It grows out dont worry. Its just the nature of the beast.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm applying it to tall fescue.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 360 Lawn Service

360 Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Apply 5ml per two gallons. I apply 1 gallon per 1,000sq. Resluts will not appear for 14-25 days. I mix a 3-way in for customer visual of weed knockdown while tenacity is working. So 2.5ml per 1,000sq and I get good coverage. Whitening of weeds will still occur, turf will be have spots that are white, but whole turf "should not turn white"
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

5-8oz per acre in at least 30 gallons of water is what the label says