Tenacity Herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grassman08, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Grassman08

Grassman08 LawnSite Member

I am in Toledo, Ohio and have been reading and have heard positive feed back on Tenacity herbicide by Syngenta. I am wandering how well it does on nutsedge. I have used both Manage and Dismiss. I used Dismiss for the first time last Friday, and are already seeing results. From what I have heard and read, that Tenacity is both used on broadleaf and grassy weeds, as well as nimblewill out of bentgrass. Are there any users out there, if so what do you like/dislike? Also, where besides John Deere Landscapes can you purchase this product, our store does not have it yet. Any correspondence is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Unfortunately, it's only labeled for golf courses at this time:cry: Dismiss has always gotten quick results:clapping:

3. Weed Busters

Weed Busters LawnSite Member

Tenacity is about the only thing that is labeled for nimblewill, but you can't use on residential lawns. One other thing, check the price. I was going to use some but changed my mind........ 725.00 per gallon...... didn't need it that bad.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Tenacity will be the best product to hit the market. You can't let the price/bag or price/gallon ever scare you.

You have to look at the use rate and look at cost/acre or cost/1000.

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I heard last winter, one of the kickers is if you walk in it wet, you will leave white tracks on the turf. That can't be good if you let pets out before dry or if I need to spot treat some nimblewill. I'd really like to kill some nimblewill though.

6. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

Tenacity should be released to people other than golf courses in the spring. At least thats what syngenta has told me.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I don't think that is quite accurate.

Tenacity does turn weeds white, but you won't leave tracks!

It that was the case...it wouldn't be able to be used in ride on's.

8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly Creech.

If I recall reading 3-4 years ago about Mesosterone and Callisto (Farm Label) the use rate was 3 ounces per ACRE.

That 725 dollar gallon, would cover 42 Acres if same AI. %......17 Bucks an Acre...40 cents per 1,000.

Pete

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That info is straight from the mouth of the PSU professor from our winter conference. I have no first hand use of the product, and from what I've read before, you do on the ag side.

Is anyone using this in ride on's on the golf course?

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Do you know what the reason would be for "making tracks"?

It doesn't have any affect on established grasses (cool season)...so I am just wondering why tracks would occur?

I have used Mesitrione for several years now...and the only time I see any damage is OVERLAP! 2X rate isn't a good thing...in corn anyway!