1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by huntergreen, Jul 29, 2012.

1. huntergreen

huntergreen LawnSite Member

Has anyone sprayed Tenacity on Fescue over 85 degrees? If so, what was the results and what rate did you use?
  2. Pythium

Pythium LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Fine or Tall Fescue? IME with Tenacity you get a little bleaching with all grass but the bent and nimblewill are WAY more effected. I spot sprayed 90+ temps and only the bent had severe damage, some tip bleaching on rye, blue, and fine fescue. (however the fine fescue was growing in a shady area)
  3. countryclublawnllc

countryclublawnllc LawnSite Member

Keep your rate at the 5oz/Acre rate and make sure and use at least .75 gallons of water as your carrier. If irrigation is available water it in after the spray.

4. huntergreen

huntergreen LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info just started using it some this spring on tall fescue. Was impressed with it this spring (for pre and post control). I used the 5oz rate on a couple yards and they are alot cleaner now then the fescue yards I used prodomimine (spelling?)
  5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen the notes about water volume but, has anyone used Tenacity with low volume rideon sprayers.
  6. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Yes, .25 oz per M. Great results this spring