1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tennessee grass

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PROCARE05, Jan 28, 2007.

1. PROCARE05

PROCARE05 LawnSite Member

I am moving from Florida to Tenn. what types of grass is up there. when is the best time to reseed ? never had to deal with clay before !

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

depends on wha part of TN

3. DeSotoLawns.com

DeSotoLawns.com LawnSite Member

Bermuda grass is the dominant grass of choice for the Memphis TN area.

4. PROCARE05

northeast of knoxville

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Where abouts northeast of knoxville I'm in Rogersville the grass is mostly fescue.

6. PROCARE05

corryton on washington pike

7. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

im in west knoxville. mostly fesque...some bermuda. welcome to tennessee...im sure you'll like it here. lawncare is a popular career choice around here.

8. tnmulchblower

tnmulchblower LawnSite Member

here in the northeast end it is mainly fescue

9. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Procare05 I live in Corryton, off Tazewell Pike. Give me a call and I will help you out some. I don't look at the other guys as the enemy I look at you as a fellow brother in LC. I can also hook you up with a really good dealer in Halls. By the way I agree the Fscue being the grass of choice around here. Give me call sometime soon and we can get together. 865-385-5400 or email me at 2menandamower@comcast.net Welcome to the area.