Tennessee

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ccwmlw, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

It want be long till we start.:clapping::clapping::dancing::dancing:

2. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

It needs to dry up so I can at least get started on my landscaping jobs, so I can have them about done before mowing starts. I just paid out about $5,000 for insurance and it has put a hurtin on me!!

3. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Looks like we may be a little late getting started. It's calling for about 1" of snow here in Clarksville, TN.

4. Bigorange865

Bigorange865 LawnSite Member

Noob from Knoxville here. Just wanted to drop in, started doing part time work to help pay for a new 48" scag I just purchased from Broadway Power in Maryville (Great Business). Mainly purchased mower to help ailing grandfather with very large lot and replace my 28" snapper RER. Have picked up 2 clients from full time job that want their 1/3 -1/2 acre lot mowed, trimmed, and blowed. What is a good going rate for these clients? I am by myself and just looking to help pay for the mower now and pick up some extra cash down the road. Thanks fellow Tennesseeans and I'm looking forward to learning from this website.

5. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I'm fairly new this is my first year and I have mis bid a couple of jobs just from lack of experience but if you make a dollar a minute you should be fine if you don't have a bunch of overhead expenses.I'm about a hour away from Knoxville and my area I'm sure is cheaper than it will be in Knox good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Bigorange865

Bigorange865 LawnSite Member

That was the rate I was considering. I did one coworkers lawn last week and it took around 45 mins for everything from unloading to loading and leaving. I quoted her $40 before starting and I think it was pretty fair (her yard is the larger of the 2).

Anyone else?

7. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds pretty fair my minimum is 35.00 but most of my lawns range from 45.00 to 65.00 so far its going decent slowly but surely building up competition is tuff around here because of all the beer money mow guys doing 60 yards for 20 bucks.lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

I'm in the Knoxville area, just starting out. I'm 34 and have a son who is going to help me. If any of you guys gets swamped you can throw it my way, lol.

9. BeastMowed

BeastMowed LawnSite Member

Murfreesboro here

10. wvbrian

wvbrian LawnSite Member

Knoxville here. Can anyone recommend a place to dump green waste on the west side of town? All I found online is the county recycling center on Proctor Ave.