Tennessee

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ccwmlw, Oct 27, 2003.

1. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

last week was the official end of my mowing,90% of my customers have already mention see you in the spring,i have a few more leaf jobs and a few more last time mows left should last til next week.i have already started storing my equipment that I know im done with.i hate this time of year I love spring and summer more work than I can handled, plus I like to stay busy.since the season is done whats your plans for winter?sell firewood, part time job,vacation?

2. JR's Lawn Service

JR's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I see that you are just down the street Kodak Mowings; I would like to find someone that can help me out this next season. I am getting some fairly big accounts and need to have a backup person that knows the business. Also, there are things I prefer to not do and have turned down accounts because of it. I am fortunate that I have been able to do that, but I would rather give those opportunities to someone else in the business. It could be something that is mutually beneficial to both such as I cover for you when needed and the same the other way. I have several commercial accounts as well. I always worry about getting sick, injured or whatever and not being able to handle my accounts for that time period. I have all the accounts I want and don't want to expand so this is not about riding someone's coat tails. If there is someone close to Sevierville that would like to talk business, let me know. We can discuss the details and see if it is a fit for both. I have guys that work part time for me, but would like to get something more solid in place. Thanks,

3. pondchick

pondchick LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm a newbie to this site and business, here to learn as much as I can:waving:

4. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome from TN what area are you in and plans?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. pondchick

pondchick LawnSite Member

I live in East TN, my husband and I started a backhoe business about 6 years ago, I did the bookkeeping mostly, I've recently have joined him with the dirty work, its much more enjoyable, I am hoping to branch out and have a landscape division, until I get things rolling, I'll be helping him out. I never knew that operating heavy machinery could be so much fun!

6. ch4x0r

Sounds good..me and my fiance started lawn care this past season and she loves It also!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

I'm located just north of Knoxville. I do work in Knox County, Union County, Grainger County, and Claiborne County. Almost 20 years in the business. Used to be known as Clean-Cut Lawn Care & Landscaping but I sold that business to my cousin 3 years ago. He's still operating it and is doing well. At one time, I had 3 crews running full time and had about 180 accounts. Then I got burnt out. Selling my business was the best thing that I ever did. After I sold, I started a new company and I named it Maintainz Property Services. I just started out with about 20 accounts and was only working about 20 hours a week. Since my son was getting ready to graduate, I decided to give it another shot and I started to grow the business once again. I now focus on providing total and complete property maintenance and since starting it 3 years ago, I have doubled in size every year. My son is now out of school and is able to help full time. I'm having more fun than ever...

8. ch4x0r

That's great I just started last year full time and it's kinda been a struggle in my town it's very low balled here it seems and commercial properties are hard to get ...or I haven't won any bids yet!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Floraburstnb

Floraburstnb LawnSite Member

Hello to all my fellow people in good ol TN. My name is Neil, our business is located in Milligan College, we serve the Washington, Sullivan, Carter, and Greene County areas and have been in business 14 yrs.

10. ch4x0r

Welcome to the forums Neil lots of good reads here and knowledge. What all does your company consist of.
    Posted via Mobile Device