Tennessee

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ccwmlw, Oct 27, 2003.

1. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

Im just right down the road in Kodak, my folks live in new market and I mow a few up that way. what kinda equipment you run?

2. slc78

slc78 LawnSite Member

So far this year I've got a m54 tank, stihl hand helds, and a push mower. Waiting on a walk behind with a bigger trailer and truck. But right now I've got enough to get started.

3. slc78

slc78 LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of shooting for $0.80 - $0.90 per minute. Does that sound more like the rate for an average house? Thanks

4. BYB

BYB LawnSite Member

Most charge 60 per hour and if it only takes 40 mins then it will be 40dollars, do what you think is best for you. Also I noticed in another thread you had discounts and some people was giving you down the road on that. Don't let that bother you. Its good advertising just watch the people who call and the neighborhood that it is in.

5. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hello guys of 2014 I am located in Lawrenceburg Tn, with teams in Memphis ( Cordova), Dyersburg, Jackson,Boliver,Martin, Savanna,Lexingon, Clarksville, Dickson, Columbia, Franklin, Hoehenwald, Springfield, Murfreesboro, Fayettville, Lewisburg, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Winchester,Lebanon, Cookville, Soddy-Daisy, McMinnville, Marryville, Morristown, Rogersville, Greenville.
    With Alabama teams in Athens, Florence, Huntsville, Rogersville, and Scottsboro.
    We also have a team in Arizona and are in the process of a NewYork location this comming year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

Is $35 yards just a slogan or is that just your minimum or god forbid your average. my min is $40, I found $40 good round number but my average is prob $65 or $70. but also I don't mow in a big city.

7. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

It's just fun on this site. Nothing to do with our pricing
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Considering moving down to TN... would love to get some feedback from someone as far as job openings in the Knoxville & Lebanon area.

9. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

Honestly you can't use an "hourly" scale to charge your customers. If another guy who has been mowing for 20 years can mow and trim the same yard your doing in 15 less minutes then the customer won't understand while your charging them more. Don't get me wrong it's a close number but I go buy square footage. I measure the yard and I have my prices for that. Most average to small yards are $35-40 for me depending on trimming. Most half acre yards are $65-75 for me and again that's dependent in trimming. If you have to do an hour of trimming and edging that cuts into the bottom line.

10. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone around the Lebanon area?