1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Terex Junk

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mini man, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

OMG had to run a terex track machine today for a friend...what an absolute pc of junk!...Thank Heavens I will be back into my 289C tomorrow.
    My Back is broke, it had no power,,,,,I could go on and on.
    I wish I could shoot it and put it out of its misery LOL:canadaflag:

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

um......ok..........and we're posting this why???

3. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Start a stupid argument about how is pussy his better than a Terex probably. Complete waste of post.

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Your idiotic post really doesn't warrant a response, but your credibility is totally shot based on your comment regarding a broken back. Put down the crack pipe...and back up slowly...the ASV (now Terex) is a lot of things, but it doesn't ride rougher than a 289c.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

guess I must have imagined it lol:hammerhead:

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

6 thousand hours on 25 years old might make a difference if thats the case. Only heard good things about ASV/terex

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

ok ....so you gonna say anymore about this machine , like what size was it , why did it have no power , what were you trying to do with it

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There are some areas that ASV is suseptable, but the ride is not one of them, saying that the ASV is rough compared to a CTL (even if it has torsion bars) is crazy. Even if its a 4810 era ASV they still ride like a nice.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I was once over heard an old timer saying that a new skid steer he used was "junk" because it kept stalling, turns out he didn't know why the rabbit light was always on the monitor display.

Usually 95% of the time it's the junky operator in the seat.

10. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this post yesterday and dismissed the poster as a nutter! The only things he picked as a problem asv have no issues with. Ride - no they are the best in the market not even an oposition sales guy is dumb unuf to claim that and stalling - the only way to stall one is to charge the pile or if it has an issue with the anti stall valve because they are sitted with anti stall!