Terex PT100G Forestry and Kubota SVL90

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Jelinek61, Jan 12, 2011.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Kubota orange blinds the eyes, very hard to see much of anything driving past the dealership, especially when Kubota isn't a big ticket name here.

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

The Kubota looks beefy in the rear lift arms and it looks like it has a lot of ground clearance.

The Terex's numbers are impressive and it looks like a well thought out machine. I'd like to see that setup in a skid steer.

3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Their both pretty good looking machines up close. I liked the 20" tracks and the wider lift arms on the terex but they put the horn in the dumbest spot. Its almost like an afterthought. They also have two levers on the inside of the windshield that you can turn to escape through the front in the event of a fire or something which is pretty smart. The kubota turns me off because of the visibility out the sides. the cab is too wide to see the tracks very well.

hkjh.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you that the horn shouldn't be there on a forestry machine. I could see it being OK in construction though. The specs on the machine look very good. I know a guy up here that will be trading in his current ASV PT100 for the new one this Spring.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LandArch86

LandArch86 LawnSite Member

I own an sr80 and love it. Will be buying a pt100 for next winter. My sr80 went down during the first snow storm here and i had to rent a that kubota skid steer. biggest piece of junk i've ever run. Its got nothing on the asv. My dealer talked very highly of it so i was very disappointed. forget ever trying to push snow with it.

6. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Landarch. What happened to your SR? I have the same machine and we are almost neighbors :laugh:

7. LandArch86

LandArch86 LawnSite Member

My asv goes down alot. Usually its blown out relays. The other day it was blown relays and frozen fuel. It seems to always freeze not matter how much additive i put in it. When i had to rent the kubota the machine was in the shop because the track rail snapped off with the rear wheels. I had to do some research to find a kit that asv manufactures for cat to repair that problem and then pay 500 to have good welder attach it. what a nightmare.

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Thats to bad. Did you get the recall for the relays? I have had an on going issue the last few weeks myself. The machine will crank like it wants to start but won't fire up. Mine is power relay b. If I wiggle it or touch it while I turn the key it fires up. Look at the gauges when you try to start it. If the fuel gauge or other gauges move mine will start. Weird. Sorry to hear about your issues. You are the first I've heard to have issues this severe.

9. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Was the kubota an enclosed cab version ? What was the negative impression of the Kubota all about...... cheap feel.....no snow traction......massive cab ???

Which model did you rent?

10. ClearViewGroup

ClearViewGroup LawnSite Member

L O V E the PT100...the kubota does NOTHING for me at all...yuck