1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Terex PT30 - More power!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bling_2k4, Jan 24, 2011.

1. bling_2k4

bling_2k4 LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to get behind the controls of the new Terex PT30 turbo - www.asvaus.com/content/news/all-new-pt-30-turbo-edition-australian-exclusive

Is there much improvement over the standard model?

Im looking to purchase something that can be towed by a small truck/ute, something I can sit down in, have enough push to dig up turf, yet still be able to get into smallish sites..

Opinions?

2. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

your going to get some strange replies

3. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I know, the turbo model is only available in Australia so far. There is one member on here from Australia that loves ASV's, he might be able to give some input. I'd love to try one out.

4. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

The turbo will give you more power but truthfully the new one does not need more power, you only need as much power as you can use to fill the bucket and they have a small bucket. Unless you want to run a brushcutter or other heavy load attachment i would not spend the money. there are about 15 new pt30 non turbo's in and around my area and have not heard any power complaints.