Terex skid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AMCAT, Jan 16, 2010.

1. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i never seen the likes have these been on the market for awhile ;) does terex actually make them :confused: kinda looks like the komatsu boom and oh the ROPS well almost like cormidi design ...........

2. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Talus you always wanted a Terex, right?!

:laugh: :laugh:

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

They are a Terex skid, but they are made in India and only sold there. The local Case dealer did tell me that Terex was working on skid steer loaders though and they would be released sometime next year or so.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yuck, Terex will get their hands on anything won't they?

6. Digdeep

I actually looked it up and it has a drive system similar to the old Hydra Mac skid steers and they only make one model. It looks like Terex has a joint venture that is 70/30 for the Indian market to make backhoes, this skid and a large roller.

7. Digdeep

Kind of like Toyota with 522 subsidiaries, or Doosan, or Mitsubishi, or......

I forgot CAT too...they've "aquired" 20 companies in the last 19 years in 13 countries.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  8. Digdeep

It is pretty rough looking. Only Indian equipment I'm really aware of is Mahindra tractors.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to me like an M series Bobcat only with some quality control.:clapping:

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

snicker, snicker

I have heard about the Terex wheel machine and just don't see the upside when you compare a Terex version to any of the current wheel brands.