Terex to acquire ASV for $488m

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by nosparkplugs, Mar 3, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Good hope the Prices of the ASV rubber track loaders will come down. The deal expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2008. Terex expects to triple ASV's revenue while adding about $220million in revenue to Terex's already $250mil in sales

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, I'm having a hard time figuring out how $40,000 machines are going to produce $220 million a year in revenue when Terex is currently doing $250 million selling a whole lot more of a whole lot larger machines :dizzy:

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

should have bought Terex stock 4 years ago when I had to research them for a stock/investment class :hammerhead:

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

at $40k/ loader that's 5,500 loaders to equal $220M, assuming we're talking gross, not net.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget, Cat is still buying U/C's from them, and the way ASV/CAT haters go through MTL's nowadays, Cat must be buying a few extra!

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

maybe Terex has something in the works to build with the ASV badge on it besides CTL's to boost revenue

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Asc was making the dump track thing too weren't they ?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They still are.

9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if the ASV lineup will also have other compact equipment in it besides just MTL's? Maybe a Mini-excavtor?

10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Terex reported earnings of just over $9 billion this year. Thats a little more than $250 million. I think they are the third largest construction equipment manufacturer behind Komatsu and CAT (yes even larger than Deere if you only count the construction side and not those little weedwackers, chainsaws, and lawn mowers)).