Lawn Care Forum banner

Terex [wheeled] SSLs

7K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  J. Peterson Grading 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
It actually looks like Terex borrowed the frame tower, loader torque tube, and engine cowling from the ASVs -- but I agree it's tough to discern anything. :(

Maybe these are at World of Concrete in a few weeks? It seems like they'll be at "The Rental Show" (late Feb. - early March), but that doesn't seem like a great place to release a new line of machines.

#4 ·
It actually looks like Terex borrowed the frame tower, loader torque tube, and engine cowling from the ASVs -- but I agree it's tough to discern anything. :(

Maybe these are at World of Concrete in a few weeks? It seems like they'll be at "The Rental Show" (late Feb. - early March), but that doesn't seem like a great place to release a new line of machines.
Conexpo in March seems like a logical choice since it's the biggest thing going this year as far as attendance, other introductions (Case/NH skids), and all the pomp and circumstance.

#5 ·
I can see a little bit of a C series Cat in the design. Anyone else see that?
Paint scheme is great. Very paramilitary!

Tiger, get some specs dammit!! :)

#6 ·
Some one know where this machine comes from. It looks like an Italian model I have seen before. Did they build this themselves? Kinda doubt that since Terex has yet to build anything themselves. At a time when Komatsu backs out of the market, CNH consolidates machines, Volvo and JCB consolidates skid steers for a company to open up a new line of machines takes some balls. Good on em.

#7 ·
I know it is US built at their ASV factory, and I was told it was designed entirely "in house". Not sure about who's technology they used, but I imagine they'd use their CTL compnents when possible...Perkins engines, Rexroth pumps and controls, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing one up close.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
I can see a little bit of a C series Cat in the design. Anyone else see that?
Paint scheme is great. Very paramilitary!

Tiger, get some specs dammit!! :)
Haha, I just saw this on the forconstructionpros email newsletter. I wish I knew where they were testing/unveiling these...

I wrote at first that I didn't see very much Cat in this, but then... looking again... I can see some similarities. Does this mean Cat's also working on the smaller C-series? Remember the SR-70 and SR-80 came right before the C-series Cats came out... wonder if these machines are the "precursors" for the 216C-259C? Hmm...

What do you figure...30-34"? By the looks of the machine size I got to imagine it stacks up against the S185.
Yeah, looks like around the S185 size. ASVs typically don't get much dump angle, so I could see maybe 32" of reach, but probably not too much more. The geometry looks a bit like Cat's in some ways, and given the placement of the lift cylinder it doesn't look like the hinge pin will move too much farther away from the machine from where it is now.

#15 ·
At the landscape show in ontario today, and there is 2 models of them here. Took lots of pics , I'll post tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
Here you go a couple of close up pics. Very nice looking machines. Look indentical to what my dealer showed me in his brochures a month ago. Build quality looks good, cab is nice and roomy and comfortable. Machine looks like a pt 60 and a Bobcat S185 got busy together. If the prices that my dealer gave me last month are acurrate, and i dont end up doing projects in different countries i will be buying one or two of these for the parking garage work we do.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

#25 ·
You were right, I was wrong :cry:

I still think that they will have more of their machines at ConExpo.
Didn't mean to gloat, although I think we're even -- good victory today! (Nice hijacking of the other thread, too. That was pretty funny. Post out of nowhere!) I had a hunch the Packers would win... hopefully you will be more a more consistent for the Super Bowl than the Bears typically are!

I do think that Conexpo will be the bigger presence of skids (fully agree on that one)... and on that note, I won't be attending. A work meeting came up rather late and so my attendance has been diverted from the equipment show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.