Terex

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember seeing allot of the lime green Terex dozers and wheel loaders when I was little. What happend to them and was there dozers any good? I think I heard somewhere that they where bought out or went bankrupt. I am not sure I like there new color scheme they have now. Also what interest did GM have in them at one time? Was they the original owners of the company? I saw on these boards a few weeks ago someone was asking about them and had always wondered myself. There was allot of dozers and pans out there around these parts.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know the specifics of how it happened but the Terex name has been brought back to life and they are getting larger mainly through acusition, much like Volvo. They don't build much themselves.

3. Fieldman12

Yeah, I have saw some of the new track hoes and other things they make. It does not look like they have a dozer though anymore. Not sure what is up with that.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would have prefered the lime green (it would be retro) to the off white/grey color that they adapted. They at least could have picked a color that was a "real" color. I imagine a board meeting several years ago with different paint swatches on the wall, it was friday at 5:00 pm unable to reach a decision, the CEO says "&uck it, paint em white/grey and lets go home".

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Beleive it or not their was a company that actual painted there Terex(Euclid) machine all white back in the 70ths.They was running nights shifts and it made them easier to see at night.

It was Nelson Construction at Onawa,Iowa.They had C6 dozers and TC12 dozers ,the TC 12 was like you took two C6's and put them togather side by side and took the inside tracks off each machine.Two motors and two of everything.Except instead of four tracks it just had two.They had a 21 feet dozer blade on one of them

They had a lot of power ,but wasn't very good in the mud because they didn't have enough ground clearence.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

7. Fieldman12

Cool pics, looks like a big old machine. Looks like the restore is coming along well.

8. Fieldman12

I mean looks like the restore went very well.

9. Fieldman12

Yes, I am not much for the color they have now. I think they should have kept the old color. Just not the same when a company changes color. It's a tradition thing I guess. They have an excavator I was watching that climbs the side of a hill like a spider that looked kinda interesting that I was watching a clip a while back.

10. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Fan and radiator is in the rear of the dozer.