1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Terminology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Mar 11, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

This may sound dumb,but some of the terminology you guys use confuses me.<br>For example what on earth is a &quot;stick edger&quot;<br>Is that a line trimmer (aka whipper snipper)<br>or is it a blade edger? We may be a few hours<br>ahead in time zones but we are about 10 years<br>behind in most other areas of mowing. Eg.<br>Written contracts for mowing residential<br>properties is unheard of over here. ZRT<br>mowers are only just coming into favour here.<br>Walk behind mowers like Scags ect. are <br>extremely rare.

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

its basicaly a &quot;line trimmer&quot; with a verticle blade at the bottom<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

AAAHHHH, now I see. We have those here,made<br>by Stihl. They any good? I have one job in mind,a subdivision with about 20km or 12.5<br>miles of edging.Mainly around footpaths,kerbs<br>concrete garden edges ect.