Terra-Care Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by terracare, Feb 19, 2004.

1. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks for the replies everyone. We have accumulated about $1500/week more work this year and hope to share some of those pics with all of you in late april. We'll be getting started here in a few weeks. Good luck to all of you this year...

happy striping! :)

Todd and Ed

2. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

WHat blades you all running?? Anything special?? Doubles??

3. terracare

Nope, some of those pics were high rise excaliburs and the fall cleanups were gator mulchers. If you want to keep your lawns looking green in the drought season raise that deck up as far as you customers will allow. We cut the grass up to 3 1/2 inches up here in the dry season, and still keep it at 3 inches in the cool season. We are not into apps really, although we will put down some fert. if the customer asks. Most around here are serviced by a large local named Vitagro and, of course, trugreen. I think most of ours are taken care of by vitagro, although I don't really keep track. Ed might know

Todd

4. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Does anyone else look at these pics. everyday to get excited about mowing, or is it just me??

5. terracare

All of our equipment in one picture. Short a few things, but this pretty much sums up all of the power equipment we own.

We just started mowing again today, and we are taking pictures of the new accounts this next week. Hopefully we'll be posting them sometime next week.

Todd

allequipment1.jpg

6. terracare

bill are you looking at my thread? :D

Todd

7. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You know I am. :)

...and I'm very impressed!

8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice equipment terracare. I'll take the shed:)

I can't wait to see the new lawn pics

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sorry for the stupid Q, but what's the technical term for the kind of building that's behind your equipment? I've heard them called 'pole barns' but never understood the 'pole' part. I'd like to put up something like that up on some property I'm looking at to use for storage and a shop.

Do people heat buildings like that or is a waste of time because they're not well insulated? Thanks.

10. terracare

They are called pole barns because they are made of poles: 6x6's,2x4's, etc.

You can heat them but only if you insulate them first which will cost you alot of $$! Ours is not insulated, just sheet metal.

Ed