Terra Lawns Landscaping Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by merrimacmill, Apr 1, 2009.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I do have guys that can be left at a job alone, as long as it is simple enough. Like a 10 yard mulch job, they're all set. Mowing, pruning, clean-ups they're all set. But new lawn installs, pavers, 20+ yard mulch jobs, I really feel I need to be there. I would like to hire someone next who has a lot of experience, and hire him as a forman instead of just a worker like I have hired all the others as..

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at a 35 or 3940 because I am super happy with renting a 3240 a lot lately. My question is assuming you got all the bells ans whistles did you get hydraulics plumbed to the front of the loader? I'm assuming you got the QD bucket, but just curious if you got the hydro up there too? I can't decide if it would be worth it to run stuff like a p/u broom or plow or whatever. Also what rear hydro setup did you go with? Looks great.

3. merrimacmill

I do not have the hydros up front on the loader yet. At some point This summer I will be adding the 3rd funtion to the loader for a plow in the winter. Also, I plan to add atleast one remote to the rear.

4. merrimacmill

Heres some pics of a lawn reno we did recently. Ripped out the old and seeded the new. Also did the raised planting beds a little while back, but the edge got ruined when we tore out the lawn. Once the root structure of the new lawn develops I plan to re-edge the beds.

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

5. merrimacmill

heres a couple more

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Merrimacmill,

I don't know anything about that lawn tear out stuff. Would you mind briefly telling me the steps / tools / and equipment involved?

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

looks good, did you coat it with hydroseed or straw mats or bails?

8. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

use the harley rake, then the landscape rake to get it all clean, and scoop er into the truck! my guess anyways:)

9. merrimacmill

Just threw down the seed. I know. Its not to official. But I'm not installing a lawn. I'm SPREADING loam and seed. Most everything I do is sod which is why I have yet to invest in a hydroseeder. Maybe this year I will though.

10. merrimacmill

Well it has been awhile since I last posted on this. There have been a lot of updates. I moved into my first shop in May, and bought a new enclosed trailer, and a few other things.. Here are a couple cell phone pics of the trailer. It is a 20X8 Pro-X trailer with the landscape package and way to much money in vinyl on the side of it haha.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg