Terrible stripes and big accounts?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bmxerss, Jan 12, 2013.

1. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

I go to this very hospital complex that has a very nice gym, and normally when you have a very nice and modern hospital you would want top notch ground managment. So i walk out of the gym and notice strips... bad stripes. picture a drunk man on a walk behind thats going way too fast, yes, they were that bad. lol. That made me wonder how can guys keep big accounts like this?

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

They might be doing it in-house. Usually a hospital has a pretty good sized maintenance staff.

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Well I would imagine that most companies have higher quality standards than that company, and that the company you saw may be in over their head. When I or another company gets a big property, you have to quote it for the time it would take you to do it nicely, not how fast you can cut the grass and haul a$$ out of there... Some companies dont care aslong as the check comes in the mail each month

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I think Darryl has it right, I would bet they have their own grounds managment department. That's how most of the hospitals around here do it anyway.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I didnt think about that... Thats much more likely