terry question about the 44"hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by SouthernYankee, Dec 14, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

I want to thank you for your help on my questions posted before. What size gates can I fit a exmark hp 44" through? thanks again

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Southern Yankee,

In Massechusets the 44" will fit through a 47.4" gate. In Georgia it will fit through a 44.1" gate. Here's why:

Up in the Mass. region we don't see a great deal of mulching going on so the discharge chute remains on the machine. Down south they do a lot more mulching and with the mulch kit and block off plate installed the discharge chute is often completely removed.

The discharge cute on the smaller HP's leans against the deck support when it's in the up position preventing it from folding completely inboard like you would find on the full size Lazer. This causes the lower portion of the discharge chute to overhang the side of the mower deck.

Thanks

Terry

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

Plans have changed and It looks like I am headed to Texas, from what I take it, there are a lot of small yards with gates, so I think that as long as most of the gates are 41" I should be ok in Houston. what do you think? Also would the navigator be a good choice for me instead?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Southern,

The Nav is a great machine and the response in the Houston area has been excellant.

I did talk with one of our reps down there and right now the 21", 32" and 36" walk behind mowers dominate the residential market. The commercial operators are using mostly 48" and up mid-mount Z's.

Good luck

Terry