Test driving exmarks?? NEED help

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DillonsLawnCare, Aug 21, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

can you guys get an employee to come to my house with some models for me to test drive them and cut my grass with them? is this possible? ive heard something about it but i wanted to double check. thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

DillonsLawnCare,

Unfortunately we don't have employees that offer this type of service. However, practically all of our dealers will let you demo our products. Stop in or call your local dealer and let them know what you would like to demo.

P.S. What units are you looking at?

Good Luck,
    Casey

3. DillonsLawnCare

im looking at:
    lazer z hp 56" triton with 27hp kawi.
    lazer z AS 60" ultracut with 28hp kawi.

4. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

If you were closer I would sell you my LHP 56 27 Triton in a heartbeat. I am hopefully getting an AS to replace it this week.

Definitely try out the Triton in all the types of grass and heights that you cut before you buy.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, my local dealer is GREAT about demo's. I put most a day of mowing on a Navigator. I hated the Navigator, but I will dang sure buy other Exmark products there in the future (am thinking about giving the 26" a try next spring/summer).

6. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

28/60 AS ultra cut

7. DillonsLawnCare

thats the same mower im looking at. whats the reviews on them.

8. kearneywalnut

I picked up a 52" 28HP AS today to demo to replace my 56" 27hp LHP, I will see how it cuts, the motor sounds tougher than any lawnmower engine I have ever heard. It looks like they updated the spindles on it so they have those large blade holes and splined washer like things, like on a triton to keep the bolts from self tightening which is a nice option, although I have a lot of blades with the old smaller centerhole, but I haven't taken the blades off to double check yet. The bagger gets kinda long on the AS as compared to the LHP, but as long as it cuts grass I will be happy.

9. DillonsLawnCare

wait, so you brought that L-AS home to use tomorrow on your yards??? does it cost?

10. kearneywalnut

I believe I am getting to swap mowers because the LHP Triton doesn't cut grass as it should. But tomorrow I am going to use the AS on my lawns, luckily tuesday has the lawns that the triton had the most trouble with, and then I will get back to them, and I will have an AS if it works as it should. The UltraCut should work well, as I never had any trouble with the Trivantage on my 11 year old Exmark.

I originally bought my mower in November when I had time to shop, but no grass to demo a mower on. But I believe that a dealer should have at least some model for you to demo. Although I bet most places only demo the latest greatest which would be something with a Triton Deck. My dealer said they had great reliability with the AS series, and they must go through a bunch of them because there were 3 or 4 60AS out of the 10 or so new mowers they had on the lot, everyone uses the 60, but I can't fit it into some of the lawns that I do. I know that the 56LHP 27hp, same mower as mine, without the updates etc. has been on his lot since at least May, and it was manufactured in 05, I should have guess something was up when the only leftover 06's they had for me last year were the 56" Tritons.