Test Driving Mowers??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Aug 21, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

ive heard that mowing companies will bring mowers to your house to let you test drive them and cut your yard with them. is this true? :confused: ;) if so which companies. im checking with hustler/toro/exmark right now. if anyone knows right off the top of their head, please let me know. thanks

2. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

Most Dealers will allow you to try the mowers out. If go talk to them, explain what your in the market for then ask for a demo, majority of the reputible ones will allow it. I know my Exmark dealer all but wanted me to demo it before I bought mine.

3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

If you have deep pockets demo the Exmark Navigator or a Walker...they both have great advanages over a regular zero turn

4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

ive looked at walkers and i dont like them. why would you reccomend this type of mower?

5. if you are trying to get a ztr that is the same size as your w/b.... like was said before on another of your threads, just get a sulky, especially if you are a 1 man crew, keep in mind you can only run one mower at a time. no reason to spend $ where you dont need to, save yourself $8k and get a sulky.

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey they have a expo in louisville coming up in OCT You can try out all the mowers and equipment you want. Oct 25 there is a web site if you want more info. Let me know and I will looked it up.

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on the dealer, some have models they'll about let anyone borrow, others won't let you demo one unless you're flashing the cash and you just need to see something (and then only in their lot), while still others won't let you demo at all until it's paid or signed for (and then it's yours anyhow).

It varies, here where I live the same dealership would never let anyone demo for years, but the new owner now will consider it for some, still other dealerships have their own little things they do, I don't know I only go to one.

You might want to check the phonebook or yellow pages, start calling or visiting the dealers in your area.

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

My Toro dealer let me try in the back alley, but the Ferris dealer let me take it home for the night...even with the little time spent and alot more money I still went with the Toro.

10. MNelson

MNelson LawnSite Member

What didnt you like?? I love mine It bags has a blade and a snowblower attachment. You can get interchangeable decks and just about any attachment you can think of. Imo there isnt a better mower on the market. I did this for years for2 other companies and every majorcompany in colorado runs walker. Maybe because they are built here but they are the best.:cool2: :drinkup: