Test drove a NAVIGATOR today.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GrassBustersLawn, Nov 17, 2004.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi

I test drove a NAVIGATOR today, as I had emailed my Exmark dealer inquiring about it. After she did some checking, she called back and advised that an Exmark rep was bringing one by this week. She called when it came it and I scurried on down there.

I have the following questions/comments about it.

1. Looked nice & drove well.

2. Upgrades/improvements over WALKER seem impressive. Didn't get a chance to actually MOW with it though.

3. Somewhat concerned about purchasing 1st generation as I don't want to be the "guinea pig" for the "work out the bugs" program. Which I was involved in with my Encore :(

4. Was informed that an automatic dump option is not in the works for first production batch.

Which brings me to my question. WHY WOULDN'T YOU HAVE A DUMP FROM SEAT OPTION???? I don't understand anyone buying one (Walker or Navigator) knowing they've got to get up and MANUALLY DUMP every time. VERY INEFFICIENT. PLEASE ADVISE.

Mike

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

All good comments. There is a reason why we don't offer a dump from the seat option yet.............emphasis on yet. It has to do with your other question about first production run models.

The Navigator has been in testing in some configuration longer than any product we've ever brought to market. The last product we brought to market had about 1/2 the testing on it than the Navigator does now. That product had a few hiccups that we did not want to repeat with the Navigator. We not only have more hours of lab testing on the Nav but more hours of field testing as well. Our thought on the dump from the seat option was this. "Lets make the basic machine the best we can and then begin looking at attachments, accessories and options". So far it appears that this philosophy is paying off in the performance and user friendly attributes of the Navigator. Time will tell for certain however.

Thanks for your comments and questions.

Terry

3. MR.B&M

MR.B&M LawnSite Member

Here in Southern California, the cutters dump virtually all the grass cut into a 7'x7' burlap tarp, ( "manta" in spanish). The Navigator will fill ENTIRELY one tarp with a full hopper of grass. You have to be standing behind the machine anyway to lay out and tie up a tarp, so what do you need a dump from the seat for? I dare say that not many jobs have the luxury of a ground level dumping area.