Test Pic

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

This is just a test

2. spot

spot LawnSite Member

looks like you failed the test. :dizzy:

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

MJL,
    If you need any help or have a question about posting a pic, just ask, I'll be glad to try and help.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Yeah I failed.

Jodi, I have saved some pictures on a cd and they are in TIFF format. Im trying to convert them into a jpeg or jiff or something that works on this site. Well I used paint to convert them, but the size is too big. Paint can adjust the size, but it just cuts part of the picture off. Any help would be great

5. 1MajorTom

Ok, let's see here.
    First, you need to make them into jpeg format.
    I don't use paint much, I can resize using it, but I can't tell you if this is the proper way to do it, but it does work for me.
    Ok, you open up paint, you paste your picture in there.
    I click on edit, and then click on select all
    That brings a box around the whole picture. I then take my mouse and at the bottom right corner, I get the mouse to point so it makes a diagonal arrow, then I drag the picture and evenly reduce it to a smaller square. This then will leave a big white box showing from where the pic was reduced. I once again take the mouse at the bottom right hand corner of the white square, and drag it back up to fit perfectly around the reduced picture.
    Then save to jpeg. As said, this might not even make any sense, and it might not even be the correct way to reduce a pic, but it works for me.
    I normally use Dell Image Expert to reduce pics down to size.
    If all else fails, you may mail them to me: Probably29@yahoo.com , and I will resize them for you.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Lets Try It Again, Thanks Jodi.

scan0049.jpg

7. 1MajorTom

ok, not bad at all, glad to see it worked for you.
    A little smaller is better, but I'm just glad you got it to work.
    I usually use 500 x 500.

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Yup, thanks Jodi. :waving: