1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

test report

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Apr 11, 2000.

1. I mixed a can with momentum at 1/2 oz per gal<br>and hit some white clover in the back yard<br>about 10 days ago.<p>Today all the clover is now a pretty color of brown. No yellowing of the bluegrass.<p>Momentum is one of the few reasonalby priced selctive herbicides that can put down a wild violet in one shot.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i will be using momentum this year for the first time? isnt the recomended rate 1 once per gallon? beofre i use it on any of my customers lawns i ussually experiment with rates on my own lawn.... just to be safe!

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's good stuff. The application rate is 1.1-1.3 oz/1000 sq ft. The amount of water applied will vary with equipment used. My new sprayer treats 8,000 sq. ft./gallon of solution.<p>And it'll work quicker when the temp warms up.<br>

4. Evan528

I use a solo back pack tank sprayer for this. is a ounce a gallon to strong? i do have some lawns with that famous wild violets that i want ot get rid of. trimec works pretty good on them but im gonna give momentum a shot.

5. evan wrote:<p>&gt;I use a solo back pack tank sprayer for this. is a ounce a gallon to strong? <p>I think 1/2 per gal works just as good.<p>That way you can make 256 gals from a $38<br>gallon bottle. That's a LOT of dead weeds for<br>$38 bucks.

6. Lazer

Water doesn't kill weeds.

7. Evan528

so how many ounces per gallon is best effective without harming the grass?

8. Lazer

Evan, I'm assuming you're asking about back-pack here and that's going to depend on the sprayer used and the spray tip inserted.<p>My back-packs get about 16M per fill or about 1 gallon to 4M. Therefore I mix 20oz Amine per back-pack sprayer. (2 gallons of 3-way into my 50 gallon nurse tank.)

9. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

What's the first and most important thing you were when you were taking the class to get your LICENSE?.....READ THE LABEL!!!!!

10. Lazer

Like we haven't heard that before.<p>It's so funny, of the 1,487 posts stating to read the label, not one person actually has read and can relay what the label says about the product in question.