Test Results Are In..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scagmower48, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

I would first like to say thanks to all of the lawnsite members that gave me tips on the CT 3a Supervisors test over the last couple of months. The advice that you guys gave me and the 150+ hours that I put into studying along with going to college full time enabled me to pass the written section with a 87 in the safety categorey, and a 87 in the turf and ornamentals categorey. Im looking forward to my oral examine next (date tba).

My advice to all is even with a passing rate of only 30-40% in CT, it can be done with alot of hard work. When I first started studying in October I didn't even know that a grub turned into a beetle. If anybody ever needs any help on the CT test please let me know.

Thanks

Chris

2. Scagmower48

I just want the guys who helped me to see this. I truly appreciate all of their help and tips.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Scagmower48

I believe Tremor told me the Ct Test is not push over like many other states that hand out certifications like water. It should be a good feeling to know you have worked hard and achieved a certification that actually means something.

5. Scagmower48

Thanks guys but the studying is not over as I still have the oral exam.

6. Scagmower48

Well I took the oral exam on Monday, and it was pretty much straight forward. I got my results back today (very quickly) and I passed. Im looking forward to next year to start offering my services. I still have alot to learn this summer.

Im sending the paperwork back now to get my certificate ($180.00)

Then I have to register my business (Free) since I don't employ anybody

My liscense expires in 2013 so I have to start accumulating my 12 credits over the next 4 years or so.

Also I will give you a question they asked me on the oral that almost stumped me:

"You are in a customers backyard spraying a liquid chemical and suddenly you have no pressure, and no liquid is coming out, and the customer is waving at you from the window, what happened" (The equipment you are using is a gasonline powered pump on a spray truck)

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Get back to your truck fast, her husband just ran over your hose with his car, ruptured it and your spraying broadleaf all over the front lawn

8. Scagmower48

Yeah the answer was that there was a leak. As I have never sprayed chemicals before I had a hard time trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't get it till the tester said, "it is a major castastrophe" then i got it. Then I was asked what should I do next and if I should call DEP or not (obviously).

Most of the questions that were on the oral were either the same or similar to the ones that were on the written exam.

9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about Wisco???

I resemble that remark... !!!

If the salesman can not give you the ins and outs of an individualized application then... find someone who can.
    If you know "ALL" there is to know about chems - because you have a liscence then ... I'm sorry to say... you might be a 'Redneck.