Test run of in-cab-camcorder

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 15, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

This was a project that I've been after for a while now, I don't really want to do the helmet-headcam idea just yet, and a tri-pod between my legs is plan C, so I made an aluminum bracket that is held in place by a C clamp and I clamped it to the door pillar of my Cat and started moving attachments around.

[​IMG]

2. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad ron!for a cat:laugh::laugh:,Hey ron what brand is your flail mower.

minimax

3. bobcat_ron

Alitec, I had so many problems withthe seals popping off, I had it converted to a case drain set up.

And I ended up going with a hard-hat-handi-cam-corder setup, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the front of it and tested it last night, worked pretty good.

4. vvanherk

vvanherk LawnSite Member
    from ON

Good job.

You need to clean your camera lens. Fingerprint smudge looks like the hologram of a demonic skull. Very disturbing.:hammerhead:

5. bobcat_ron

That's actually the front window!!!! I had some encounters with bricks and loading trucks (dang it) and I tried to fix the scratch with a mini torch.
    Tomorrow is the big test, stock piling and loading soil into one of those wacky tracked dumpers.

6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

haha, that's pretty cool! too bad it's not zoomed out further but that's probably all you can do. Keep those coming, like 'em.

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

BoobCat........there just be no end to yer talents........there ya going, gettin' me thinkin' again..........gotta try that.......

8. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

9. bobcat_ron

The hard-hat-cam failed miserably today, all I got was 5 minutes of looking through the bottom window, so it works better in the skid steers, but I did rig up the mount for the cab on the excavator this morning, but the cam froze up, dang it, 10 minutes of stock piling soil and loading a Morooka!

10. bobcat_ron