Test Your Knowledge ... dedicated to rlpsystems

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Kiril, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

The following is replicated from the other thread. Put you money where your mouth is .... test your knowledge.

Note: The above list is not all inclusive and I reserve the right to add to it.

Pick a list item and address it to the best of your ability. This is open to anyone, but primarily RLP since she asked for it. ;)

2. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

hydrozone...Native to local soils. Around here its clay so that equals poor drainage so if the soils not amended plant plants that thrive with wet feet. Watering these will depend on how fast area dries. Twice a week with pop ups. 15 minutes.

3. rlpsystems

Aridosol...........Wrong area

4. rlpsystems

LEED. Leadership in Energy Enviromental Design. Area in no where near that..

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How about discussing it, and not giving a definition. I'm not jumping into this pitfall though.

6. rlpsystems

Best Management Practices...... Get it while its wet.....

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my, now who is kidding. You need to do ALOT better than that.

For example:

• How do you utilize the landscape coefficient method in your designs and scheduling?
    • How do you determine hydrozone ET without a "smart" controller?
    • How many potential hydrozones can a property have?
    • How do you determine leaching requirements based on:

a) Soil type and condition
      b) Environment/climate and micro-climates
      c) Soil SAR and EC
      d) Water quality​

8. rlpsystems

Seems like some great topics, but not really happening in my area. Hate to be the one who does not know Irrigation Nationwide. But Oh Well... I can live with that...............

9. rlpsystems

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. Sounds great that your the wizard but around here an irrigation system needs to water turf and possibly plants. I understand your point, but it gets no where. So preach on Giril...........

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry girl, not good enough. These are questions every irrigator worth his/her salt should be able to address. These are not area specific, with the exception of the aridisol (sry for the previous misspeel) and even that is not very area specific given about 1/3 of the earths land mass has them. So I'll change that question to this.

1) How do you manage an irrigation system when ET exceeds precipitation?

So I guess the question is .... are you an irrigator or a pipe gluer?