test

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by zim bob the landscaper, Dec 12, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

this is my first pond what do you guys think

000_0287.jpg

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Being truthful....I don't like it.

You can see the liner on the waterfall, the hoses, its too small, I don't like the mix of stone types, you can see the foundation, and whats up with the lighthouse???

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

For a first effort at a pond, I think it's not to bad. There are a few things that I would want to tweak, but overall it's good. I myself, find the birdbath, kinda takes away from the pond, and the empties in the blue igloo cooler, need to be replaced too :drinkup:

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to get some mulch around it or something im sure that would help.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

that was right after we finished the birdbath is gone and the liner is hidden the cooler was because we had a cookout and we will be putting in mulch this spring thank for telling what it needs (oh ya the light house thats my parents they like lighthouses and they let me do the pond so i have no say what goes around it)

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Then again I have never done a ornamental pond, so I'm gonna say that looks great for your first attempt. I do things on the larger scale, well pretty much retention ponds.