Tested the new toro G3 and stander on my terms....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have enough time to actually tell you everything but I will later. The stander is absolutly the best on the market hands down. I took it on a very very steep hill one that the wright just slid off. The toro did it with very little discomfort from me... I cut two of my own lawns with the grandstand and 2 with the g3. I am pressed for time so I will fill you in later this evening.

2. Frue

Ok The stander performed very well, i am 6'2 265 so I thought it would be akward but it was not. The only beef i had with it, is It came up when I was on a very steep incline, to solve this, I put my weight forward and it stayed on the ground well. Now my friend is about 320 lb and he got it to come up quit easily. The rep said he could get a weights for the front of it.

I have used all the stander except the great dayne and none of them have the comefort or the cut quality. The cut quality on this machine is phenominal. Writes cut quality is no where near this machine. I think the wright handels going up down hills better but side to side not even in the same class. This thing hugs the hills. The suspention platform was out of this world. Toro has a awesome product here.....

The G3 is something special. It cuts great, the seat is awesome, and it has plenty of power. I can not say one bad thing about the unit of course i only used it for about 2 hours tops. I highly recomend either unit I feal they are the best in its class. The only thing I want to see is how long the pumps last?

3. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

that's very good to hear...i do have one question though, how fast was the machine? i used a quik-track and i thought it was very very fast compared to other machines, how would you say the grandstand compares?

4. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

The grandstands are gonna be awesome but I think are kinda pricey, you are looking at 7-8 depending on model, I'm trying to get a 48in 23hp have to see what they go for.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

ya i'm lookin' at getting the exact same machine...i'm wondering how much the upgrade from the 19hp to the 23 hp will be...

6. Frue

I was told for the 19hp 52 inch deck your looking at 8000 and some change. As far as speed I really did not think it was as fast as the dear i tried, but it was not hateful. I raced the g3 down the road and it was not even close the g3 passed me as if I was not even moving. 7-8 maybe not sure. If there is anything i have learned about speed you cannot even cut that fast.

7. Frue

One more thing I thought it should have had some anti scalp but since the deck it does not go past the tires it does not need them I did not galge not even once.

8. Frue

try these mowers guys. i think wright has something to be nervous about especially since Sean adams is mailing out comparsion charts!

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It's not Sean that put the chart's together, it was Wright MFG. I don't think Wright has a single thing to be nervous about, I do plan to try one of these Toro standers out if the dealer who's open house I go to has one. I'd still buy a Wright though for the simple fact that my eXmark dealer just took on the Wright line of mowers, so I'd already have a preexisting dealer customer relationship with them.

10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Any pics of the G3?